Wednesday 10 September 2008

Master's Projects


A true Master is always looking at reality seeing art.

Collaborative Response is a performance created between persons living in different countries that create responses to the others proposals.

Speed Dating started with an email from a friend that was living in London. I was in Lisbon preparing to move to London. I was looking for a job and a house. He wrote “existe uma serie de websites para houseshares e trabalhos, um dos mais populares e www.gumtree.com la consegues procurar casa, trabalho e ate namoradas!!!”. I thought he was joking, but he wasn’t.
In London I discovered that you find ads for dating everywhere: facebook, time-out even in the guardian…
I’ve never dated before… I just know dates from Hollywood movies… So I decided to discover this cultures so different from my own dating. What is behind dating: loneliness, ability to know other people, love, sex… How does a person relate to dates when he only knows then from movies.

Lisbon Calling
A performance about identity
A performance about Lisboa
A performance away from Lisboa
A performance about identity

2 comments:

Clara Sofia said...

Dear Master Amalio,

Aqui vai um pequeno comentariozinho solo per te da qui di Italia.
Mi piace moltissimo il tuo blog, veramente interessante e stimolante. La idea iniziale di questo blog: how to became a master, è magnifica. Ti abbraccio

Maria Gil said...

Master

what do you mean by "identity" there are so many "identities"?

look for the mirror

let me know...

m.gil